Sunday, October 26, 2014

Prayer

Seek FIRST the kingdom of God. Jesus very first prayed... That was His first response. And it should be. We need to spend time in prayer.

Why don't I have a quiet time? Because I'm not prioritizing God over school and sleep and friends. That's the problem. I need to set aside time for Him in my life. I've tried for so long to be consistent with that. Rawwrr.

I fall so short. I'll leave it at that. Of everything. Of my spiritual walk. I can't fathom the idea that Jesus should desire to still save the world despite the way we act. There's so much hypocrisy that I see in those who claim the Christian faith. I don't understand it. I don't understand it in myself. I don't want to change others; I want to change myself. Having the desire to change is not the act of change. I have to allow Christ to change my heart and my actions. The hearts there- but I have to be disciplined enough to put my faith into practice. I cannot simply go through the motions.

I think one thing that was misunderstood was me fretting about the world because the world is sinful and I can't change it. But that's not the case. I am well aware of the futility of changing most people. Not being able to change people does not make me fret. What does make me fret is spending time with people who are constantly making me fight against the devil. It's wearing me out haha. I can handle the world for so long, but I'm not getting the equivalent of spiritual intake that's needed for me to be at college.

But I digress.
Sometimes when we pray, God eliminates the trial. And sometimes He gives strength to get through the trial.

Without prayer, I'm only dealing with me and using my judgement to determine what's right.

Prayer prepares us to face temptation. Pray that we will not fall into temptation.

Satan dreads prayer. His one concern is to keep the saints from praying. He trembles when we pray.

Ask God to meet you at your point of greatest need.

Do the thing from Baby Ruths...
Wake up, and ask God to make me small. He is so great and big, and I need Him to make me small. I need to recognize His power and humble myself before Him each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment